A Beginner’s Guide to Virtual Personal Assistants
If this blog title has caught your attention it’s probably because you are a very busy person that needs support on their everyday responsibilities. Don’t feel overwhelmed if that is the case, in an era defined by productivity and to-do list it’s easy to get lost and become oversaturated with even the smallest tasks. That’s why virtual personal assistants are so needed nowadays!
In the last year, 89% of Americans have suffered from burnout. If you are feeling physical fatigue, cognitive weariness, or emotional exhaustion, you might be part of this percentage.
If you want to stop feeling like the day doesn’t have enough hours, keep reading this blog where you will learn all about virtual personal assistants.
Mastering Productivity: How VPAs Can Transform Your Life
Even if you have to accomplish many tasks during the day, I can assure you most of them do not have to be done by you and they can be taken care of by someone else. Delegation will be the word that changes everything for you and makes you realize that you actually have time but don’t know how to use it efficiently.
When you hire a virtual personal assistant you can decide what tasks to delegate to she/he, and this will give you time to focus on your priorities and achieve greater productivity. You’ll also become better at time management since delegation will teach you how to distribute tasks in a way that is convenient for your lifestyle.
When you outsource tasks your personal life will also get better, it will open a new world for you where you have time to enjoy the things you are passionate about. Balance is the thing that will keep you away from stress, anxiety, and burnout. That’s exactly what virtual personal assistants will bring to your life, a more balanced way of living.
Differences Between a Personal Assistant and a Virtual Personal Assistant
Even though both have similar roles and responsibilities, their main differences are the following:
- Presence: A personal assistant is known to work very near their contractor, this is because they are hired to perform most tasks onsite like running errands, and organizing, they either need to be in your home or office to do their job. A virtual personal assistant works remotely and uses the power of technology to assist and communicate with their contractor. They are a perfect match for people who enjoy their privacy but also need collaboration in their day-to-day activities.
- Cost: Because of their location and what we just explained before, price is a factor that can be drastically different. The average personal assistant annual salary in the United States is $70,260. You can find virtual personal assistants for the yearly price of $7,200 if you decide to work with an outsourcing agency like ours. As you can see, you can save a lot of money every year by choosing to work with remote talent.
- Flexibility: Hiring a personal assistant can involve providing a physical workspace, equipment, and other resources that they might need to support their work. This can be costly and increase your budget. Instead, a virtual personal assistant has their own equipment and resources to provide you with the best possible service.
What Tasks Can You Delegate to Personal Assistants?
To figure out what tasks you will delegate, ask yourself this key question: Are there any tasks that require the most time and energy from me, but don’t require me to do them specifically? Analyze your daily to-do list and you’ll see that you could delegate more than 50% of those tasks to someone else.
Here are a few examples of the types of responsibilities a personal assistant can handle for you:
- Email and Calendar Management.
- Schedule Appointments.
- Online Shopping and Online Research.
- Document Preparation.
- Travel Arrangements.
- Data Entry.
- Social Media Management.
- Bills Payments.
- Personal Errands.
There are so many tasks you can delegate today to someone else in order to keep a healthy and balanced lifestyle. It is time to stop trying to do everything by yourself and accept that delegation can upgrade your life.
How to Hire a Virtual Personal Assistant?
If you want to start delegating tasks to a tech-savvy individual that can help you organize and balance your life, at There is Talent we can save you recruiting time by presenting you with the most professional virtual personal assistants in Colombia.
We know that hiring someone to take care of your personal errands and responsibilities is an important step you will be taking and that’s why we want to support you along the way.
Do you want to know more about our team and what they can do for your business? Book a strategic call with our director Claudia and start enjoying the benefits of having the best Spanish-speaking remote workers!